FOOD THAT IS RECOMMENDED
- Dairy – Milk ,Butter( Unsalted) , Ghee ( Clarified Butter), you can also take buttermilk (unsalted) in minimum amount . IN Ayurveda its recommended to have milk 1 hour after or before your meal for best results
- Fruits – Prefer Sweet Fruits such as Avocado, Coconut, Pomegranate, Mangoes, Grapes( Sweet), Oranges(Only ripened), Papaya, Pineapple
- Vegetables – Potato , Sweet, Potato, Green leafy vegetables, Pumpkin Broccoli , Cauliflower, Green beans, Cucumber
- Spices – Cinnamon, Coriander, Turmeric, Saffron, Chamomile, Peppermint, Cardamom and Fennel are good to Use for overall benefits
- Better to avoid Salty so and very Pungent food
- Try to take drinks which are Cold in nature such as coconut water buttermilk, Wheat grass Juice etc
- Oils – oil such as olive oil sunflower oil
and coconut oil are best to use
FOOD TO AVOID
- DAIRY – salted butter, Yogurt, Cheese(Salted), Kefir are better to avoid
- Fruits – Avoid all fruits which are Sour in nature such as Apples (sour) Apricots (sour), Bananas, Berries (sour), Cherries (sour), Cranberries(Sour).
- Spices -Try to Minimize the intake of spices such as ginger cumin, black pepper , Fenugreek, Cloves, Excess Salt and Mustard seeds
- Try to avoid intake of Alcohol, Coffee and other drinks that contain Caffeine. Drink such as Soft drinks and Carbonated water should be avoided
- Oils – Sesame oil, Almond oil and Corn oil tend to produce pitta in human body so it’s better to avoid them
- Minimize the intake of Buckwheat and Corn flour
- Reduce the intake of Almonds, Cashew, Nuts, Brazilian nuts and other kinds of Nuts.
- Try to minimize intake of Pepper, Tomatoes, Raw Onions , Chilies
- Intake of Sweetness such as Molasses and Honey should be reduced.